Hello there! It’s nice to meet you!
My name is Tanis… often mistaken with “Janis”, “Candice”, “Tanner”, “Tennis”, “Tanya”, “Tandice”, and even”Tarras”.
Therefore, most people just call me “T”.
You can, too!
I’m looking for some new things to do!
What kind, you may ask? Well, I’m pretty much open to anything legal and within reason.
This is the ‘summed up’ version of my experience. If you wish to read the more entertaining, colourful version – you can do so right here.
I learned to read and write at a very young age. I enjoy words, telling stories and creating things in general.
In the last 15 years of my working experience, I have dabbled in Film and Television, The Music and Entertainment Industry, the Travel Industry, Real Estate Technology, Newspapers, and even Construction. Although, I did not go to University, I do have a College education. I have paved my own way and have collected some pretty good experience on my own. For that, I am proud. I’ve always taken the road less traveled.
Over the course of my different experiences – not limited to Monday to Friday – I’ve been able to build some attributes in the following areas:
- Writing, writing and more writing – newsletters, articles, bios, blogs, resumes, creative outlines, business plans, poetry and lame jokes.
- Business – business development, business plans, and most importantly, I stay out of other people’s business.
- Speaking – I would like to do more of this. I’ve given a few presentations, I enjoy emceeing weddings and storytelling. I’ve never been boo’d off a stage…. yet.
- Events – I’ve organized my own and have taken on a variety of tasks for all sorts of events. I’ve wrangled musicians at concerts, set up stage gear for live acts, worked golf tournaments, the list goes on…
- Marketing – Much like writing, marketing is one of my natural skills. A great marketing plan always includes a great story.
- Networking – No other way to describe this, other than I like connecting with people and it is second nature to me. There is something to learn from every connection!
- Plain old physical labour – I love movement.. I lift heavy things for fun. Need a hand with something? I am fortunate to have two…
- Sounding Board – Friends say I have a good, non judgmental ear… sometimes I may even have spontaneous bursts of useful wisdom… which has nothing to do with my casual enjoyment of fine wines, either.
But that’s not all! I also enjoy nature, adventure, being physically active, and doing my best to be a good person. I think life comes equipped with natural things to gain experience and build your body, mind, and soul.
I firmly believe that we all have somewhere we are ‘meant’ to be – something that the world needs from us. I’m on a mission to find where I fit in.
Maybe we should work together?