Here is my legitimate résumé. They aren’t the most exciting things in the world… but here are some of the things I’ve done listed more formally…
January 2015 – April 2017: Advantage Solutions
Sales and Marketing Specialist
- Travel throughout Saskatchewan to maintain key accounts associate with products represented by Advantage Solutions
- Build relationships with retail managers
- Ensure distribution of products in retail outlets
August 2013 – April 2014: Angel Entertainment
Position: Development Coordinator – Feature film, Scripted and Factual Television Programming
- Project leader on various aspects of Angel’s projects in development, primarily web and social media. Managed online initiatives, prepared and distributed press releases pertaining to Angel’s film projects
- Assisted in arranging casting calls
- Participated in creative meetings, conducted market research on projects proposed for development
- Managed artwork and design of all creative documents
- Established relationships and managed flow of information between producers, writers, broadcasters, actors, funding agencies, and third party co-producers
- Arranged meetings between producers and key contacts, as well as during markets such as RealScreen, World Congress, etc
- Prepared development applications and deliverables; such as Canadian Media Fund, Telefilm, including entries into Film Awards competitions such as Yorkton Film Fest, Banff Rockies, etc
- Responsible for broadcaster research and keeping up with their mandates
May 2011 – July 2013: Sask Weekly
Position: Marketing and Communications Coordinator/Administrative
- Developing communications platform
- Editor and content developer – writing and editing communications distributed to members
- Some administration duties (telephones, mail)
- Coordination of press releases and media tracking
July 2007 – April 2011: Point2 Technologies, Saskatoon SK
Position: Marketing and Communications Coordinator (July 2009 –April 2011)
- Assisted in the maintenance and direction of the Point2 Agent website, knowledge of SEO practices, knowledge of HMTL, Dreamweaver, and some Java/CSS.
- Coordinated corporate social media initiatives, corporate blogger
- Maintained email campaigns in Point2’s large content management system (CMX), worked alongside the Business Intelligence team to create new campaigns targeting specific membership groups.
- Copywriting and editing – Email copy, Ad copy, internal documents
- Developer, writer, editor of “The Point”, a monthly e-magazine sent to 200,000+ members
- Developed and coordinated sales promotions that catered to a large membership level, analyzed results of different marketing channels (email, blogs, newsletters, etc)
- Lead the development and delivery of Point2’s Real Estate Confidence Index project
- Photography, basic photo editing of corporate head shots
Position: Customer Care Representative, Customer Care Team Lead (July 2007 – 2009)
- Working with portals/use of portal technology
- Writing training/educational material for members
- Troubleshooting technical issues both through email and on the telephone
- Moderating Point2’s online forums, Message Board
- Keeping up-to-date on system issues, software releases, builds
January 2005 – December 2006 – Travel Canada, Saskatoon SK
Position: Office Assistant/Travel Agent
- Coordinated travel (flights, hotels, lodge transfers) for visitors to various hunting/fishing Outfitting camps throughout North America using industry standard software
- Assisted with travel insurance, firearm registration
- Meet and greet groups of travelers at Saskatoon Airport
- Notifying travelers of any flight changes
Worked the music & entertainment industry for seven years doing freelance work for many major label and independent artists, music companies, as well as promoters. This involved a high level of networking, self promotion and community involvement.
- Event coordination, promotion – organized many events for local artists, which included securing venue and staff, marketing plans, media coordination, advertising, and running all aspects of a large event.
- Attended tradeshows/conferences throughout Canada and the United States (including CMW, SXSW), working alongside artists to build their networking base.
- Worked with European music company, The Music Void, as a media interviewer. Conducted filmed interviews with some of the most high profile industry executives in the music/entertainment/digital industry.
- Have worked freelance with several artists conducting marketing plans, including social media, radio promotion, radio tracking, MediaBase, CD Release parties, building audiences.
- Content creation and ghost-writing for artists, on blog sites, websites, biographies, etc.
- 2003 – The Partnership (Ambassador to the Downtown Business District)
- 2000 – 2004: The Real Canadian Superstore (Clerk and customer service)
- 2005 – Ricki’s Clothing Store for Women (Sales Associate)
- 2006 – Some casual work with the Saskatoon Chamber of Commerce (assisting with golf tournaments and other odd jobs)
- Progress2Capital Business Planning Competition. Top Ten Finalist and placed in the Top Five in the 2012 P2C Competition hosted by the Regina Regional Opportunities Commission (RROC) and Saskatchewan Regional Economic Development Authority (SREDA) for business plan writing.
- I have established a very large network in Saskatoon and beyond. I am very keen on networking and personal branding/marketing. I have been involved with several initiatives that has required interaction with the media and I am well connected in Saskatoon with both media and business leaders
2003 – ‘04 – Universal Career College, Saskatoon (Certificate in Marketing, Entrepreneurship, Business Administration)
- Marketing and Communications
- Human Relations
- Office Procedures
- Financial Accounting
- Small Business Management
Writing tends to be my passion, but I also enjoy a fair amount of time CrossFit training, practicing Yoga, playing guitar, reading, enjoying nature, travel and seeking adventure.
References: See this page.